- Trainer Locations
- Online Licence Courses
- Brisbane + Bayside + Southside
- Brisbane Northside
- Logan Region
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
- South West Qld
- Rocky Emu Park
- Emerald & Central West QLD
- Tin Can Bay & Gympie
- South Burnett
- Hervey Bay
- The Whitsundays
- Cairns & Tablelands
- Innisfail & Gulf Country
- How to Get a Licence
- Book In
- Online Licence Training
QLD Boat Licence Sunshine Coast
0412 161 559 0410 805 965
and speak with an expert about getting your boat licence
To make a Face to Face Licence Training Course booking enquiry see form below
- Signup Online Training in Enrol Here
(no upfront payment, pay when you do your Practical Assessment & Final Exam)
Scheduled Face to Face Licence training course dates
Next course date
Other course dates - locations
We regret to advise that Allstate Boat Licensing & Training has temporarily ceased boat and jet ski licensing in Queensland due to the social distancing requirement of 1.5 metres. This is problematic when conducting practical assessments. The safety and well-being of our students, our trainers and the community in general is paramount.
ONLINE PRICES - free to study and pay at the time of your practical:
Boat licence course - $150
Jet ski licence course - $150
Combined Boat and jet ski licence course - $250
10% discount for 3 or more
For those that prefer the classroom setting and the time with our experienced and highly recommended trainer, we have scheduled days but if you need a different date please get in touch - we can most likely set that up for you. Currently planned classroom courses are detailed below.
CLASSROOM PRICES - free to book and pay at the time of your course. Deposit required for group bookings
Boat licence course - $190
Jet ski licence course - $170
Combined Boat and jet ski licence course - $320
10% discount for 3 or more
When you choose Allstate Boat & Jet Ski Licensing Sunshine Coast for your recreational boat and Jet Ski licensing needs, you will experience our proven professional reputation and experience, a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, thorough and well run courses and value for money.
• Easy to follow comprehensive training courses designed to accommodate everyone from the first time boatie to the more experienced.
• We offer classroom-based courses (for the theory component) or an excellent online learning course where you study in your own time and at your own pace.
• Comfortable air conditioned classrooms
• Some trainers cancel courses if numbers are low. We understand that you may have arranged a babysitter or taken a day off work. While we may be able to agree on an alternate day, we still run the course if there is no other option – even for 1 person.
• Our Sunshine Coast trainer is Jeff Guinea who is a well respected ex officer in charge of the Mooloolaba branch of the Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol. This background brings a thorough legal understanding and a strong safety perspective to the courses.
• Jeff has commercial skipper qualifications and extensive experience throughout Queensland especially the Sunshine Coast.
• We know the local waterways extremely well and can pass on local knowledge to you during your time on the course.
• Most practical training is conducted on the Maroochy River but by arrangement we can run practical course training on other local waterways such as Pumicestone Passage or the Mooloolah River.
• We use our fully approved 5.35 metre SeaJay bowrider
Training course Fees & Options
EXCELLENT ONLINE LEARNING SYSTEM AVAILABLE - FREE TO ENROL. NO UPFRONT PAYMENT
Pay when you attend your practical. Follow up practical assessments by arrangement with us. Practical sessions are available most days - not just the scheduled course days.
WE STILL OFFER CLASSROOM TRAINING!! It's perfect for those that prefer the interaction, don't use computers or have slow internet. Just like the other companies we offer online theory training (although ours is free to enter) but we continue to offer a classroom option as well. Our experienced and highly recommended trainer will teach you in our air-conditioned classroom. No prior study or coursework is required. See dates above.
We have scheduled days but if you need a different date please get in touch - we can most likely set that up for you. Currently planned classroom courses are detailed above.
Large groups, schools and clubs contact us for custom packages.
Hint: tap to call from a mobile phone 0412 161 559
Booking Enquiry Form
Please note jetski and boat licence prerequisites below
Additional Information and Trainer Details
Boat Licence (RMDL) requirements
- It is a requirement of Maritime Safety Queensland that a person be 16 years of age or older to be issued with a Recreational Marine Drivers Licence. A person may attend the training once they are 15 years and 6 months of age.
- You must demonstrate you are competent to navigate and manage a recreational boat.
- You must complete a Medical Disclosure Statement.
- You must provide suitable identification.
- It does not matter where you live, you can attend the training in any of the Allstate Locations
- On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a Statement of Competency which must be validated at any Queensland Transport & Main Roads Customer Service Centre that issues marine licences. The Queensland Transport Licence fee is payable when your licence is issued.
Jetski (PWC) Licence requirements
- You must hold a current and valid marine licence before being able to obtain a personal watercraft licence.
- The PWC Licence training can be held on a different day to the boat licence training depending on local conditions.
What To Bring
- Identification: Current Driver Licence, School Identification, Passport, Birth Certificate or 18+ card. If necessary call us to discuss other options.
- Payment: Cash, Eftpos, Visa or MasterCard or pay beforehand if you prefer.
- Group bookings are welcome, but may require a payment in advance to secure multiple places.
- Clothing suitable for a boat or jet ski that is exposed to wind, sun and rain – we will be on the water. Please check the weather forecast.
- The boat has a full bimini for sun protection and some shelter from light rain. A hat, polarised sunglasses and sunscreen are still recommended.
- Please wear footwear in the classroom. Shoes may need to be removed to board the boat or jet ski unless waterproof.
Jeff is a brilliant instructor. I have a long and distinguished career as a high school teacher and senior member of the teaching executive for talented students and I can tell you that teachers of Jeff’s calibre do not come along very often. I picked his school at random from the internet and I feel as though I won the educational lottery when I signed up with him. He is patient, talented, encouraging, interesting, experienced and humble – a rare and winning combination in any industry. I have enrolled in boating courses before and have been a member of a very experienced boating club whose members have thousands of hours experience between them. I have sailed with people who have won Sydney to Hobart yacht races, raced in Fastnet, crossed the Atlantic, the North Sea, the Coral Sea, cruised the Med and the Carribean and I can tell you confidently that no-one comes close to this man’s natural gift for gently encouraging and inspiring confidence. If you sign up to this school, you are honestly getting the very best of the best teaching available.
A very interesting coarse. I would truly recommend Jeff Guinea. If you wanted to know anything about boating, this man knew it. He's a walking marine Encyclopaedia. This man and his coarse taught me a lot and thanks to Jeff I now have a basic knowledge of reading waters, markers,winds etc. If you need a coarse in boating give Jeff a call. You won't be disappointed. Trevor Lutkin
A big thanks to Jeff on the Sunshine Coast. And thanks to all the team members for an amazing way to obtain my boat license. The on line corse was really informative and the way it is set up is just so good. On the day I did my practical Jeff’s knowledge of boating rules and regulations was second to none, and the information he passed on to me will be a great help when I am on the water. Once again thank you very much for all the help and support.
Main Training Location
General information about boat licence training course
Welcome to Allstate Boat Licensing & Training Sunshine Coast, the Number 1 Queensland BoatSafe approved training organization with an enviable reputation, leading the industry in quality course delivery and customer satisfaction in the field of boat licensing and personal watercraft licensing. Our comprehensive training courses are easy to follow, designed to accommodate everyone, from the first time boatie to the more experienced.
Our Sunshine Coast trainer is Jeff, who has commercial skipper qualifications and invaluable experience working throughout Queensland in the Boating and Fisheries Patrol. With his thorough knowledge of the Sunshine Coast waterways he can pass on some tips while training in an enjoyable learning environment.
Our Recreational Marine Driver Licence (RMDL) Courses and Personal Water Craft Licence (PWCL) Courses are proving very popular using the online study option. We can meet our online students where and when we agree on for the course paperwork for an hour or so - followed by the practicals.For those that want the classroom option we run courses at Mooloolaba.
Our excellent on-line learning system is available for those who would prefer to handle the theory themselves without coming to the classroom. This will see you working in your own time at your own pace to understand the boating rules and regulations and boating safety...and we are a phone call or email away if you are having any difficulty.
The theory aspect of a classroom boat licence course usually takes around 4.5 hours. The online learning will take around the same amount of time. If you combine the jet ski licence it will add about another hour and a half, whether classroom or online.
You will still need to come to us after you have finished the study component so that we can take you out on the water for practical training and assessment in our boat or jet ski. Our aim is to not only see you leave us as a competent and safe boatie or jet skier but also confident in your own abilities.
Our practical sessions are generous with time and distance covered so that you also get a good hands-on understanding of the area and plenty of time at the controls.
Come and enjoy the relaxed and informative environment of Allstate Boat Licensing and Training at one of our courses at the Sunshine Coast.
Click to view South Burnett Training Course information