- Trainer Locations
- How to Get a Licence
- Book In
- Online Licence Training
QLD Boat Licence Sunshine Coast
041 216 1559 075 478 1987
and speak with an expert about getting your boat licence
To make a Face to Face Licence Training Course booking enquiry see form below
- Signup Online Training in Enrol Here
(no upfront payment, pay when you do your Practical Assessment & Final Exam)
Scheduled Face to Face Licence training course dates
Next course date
10 January 2018 @ NORTH COAST BOATING COMPLEX AT WARANA - NICKLIN WAY AND PRODUCTION AV
Other course dates - locations
Want a different date than the ones below? Get in touch - we will try our best to set that up.
17 February - Saturday - boat & jet ski licensing
24 February - Saturday - boat & jet ski licensing
28 February - Wednesday -boat & jet ski licensing
3 March - Saturday - boat & jet ski licensing
6 March - Tuesday - boat & jet ski licensing
15 March - Thursday - boat & jet ski licensing
18 March - SUNDAY - boat & jet ski licensing
20 March - Tuesday - boat & jet ski licensing
24 March - Saturday - boat & jet ski licensing
28 March - Wednesday - boat & jet ski licensing
5 April - Thursday - boat & jet ski licensing
Here's why you should choose Allstate Boat & Jet Ski Licensing Sunshine Coast for your recreational boat and Jet Ski licensing needs.
In a nutshell - our proven professional reputation and experience, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, thorough and well run courses and value for money for all that is on offer.
• Easy to follow comprehensive training courses designed to accommodate everyone from the first time boatie to the more experienced.
• We offer classroom-based courses (for the theory component) and an excellent online learning course (where you study in your own time and at your own pace).
• Comfortable classroom – cool in summer and warm in winter – and bathroom facilities within our training centre.
• A boat or Jet Ski licence course with us now gets you a 10% discount card for chandlery purchases from North Coast Boating. (Valid for 4 weeks and subject to some exclusions at the discretion of the marine dealership - such as items already on sale)
• Some trainers cancel courses if numbers are low. We understand that you may have arranged a babysitter or taken a day off work. While we may be able to agree on an alternate day, we still run the course if there is no other option – even for 1 person.
• Our Sunshine Coast trainer is Jeff Guinea who is a well respected ex officer in charge of the Mooloolaba branch of the Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol. This background brings a thorough legal understanding and a strong safety perspective to the courses.
• Jeff has commercial skipper qualifications and experience spanning over 40 years throughout Queensland with 30 years of that experience at the Sunshine Coast.
• We know the local waterways extremely well and can pass on local knowledge to you during your time attending the course - maybe even a few good fishing spots.
• Most practical training is conducted on the Maroochy River but by arrangement we can run practical course training on other local waterways such as Pumicestone Passage or the Mooloolah River.
• We use our fully approved 5.35 metre SeaJay bowrider style speedboat. The boat has a full bimini cover for shelter from the sun (and light rain) and seats up to 7 people safely and comfortably.
• For your Jet Ski licence training we use our fully approved 2017 model Kawasaki Jet Ski.
Training course Fees & Options
ONLINE LEARNING AVAILABLE - FREE TO STUDY
No upfront payment - pay to finish. (Others make you pay to get in). Follow up practical assessments by arrangement with trainer. Practical sessions available most days - not just the scheduled course days.
Online Boat Licence Course - $150
Online Jet Ski Licence Course - $150
Online Boat & Jet Ski Course package - $250
OR HOW ABOUT OUR DELUXE PACKAGE - our Face to Face course where our experienced trainer teaches you in our air-conditioned classroom. No prior study or coursework is required. See dates above.
• Boat Licence Course - $170 - 1 Person
• Jet ski Licence Course - $160 - 1 Person
• Boat & Jet ski Licence Course Package - $300 - 1 Person
Large groups, schools and clubs contact us for custom packages.
Hint: tap to call from a mobile phone 041 216 1559
Booking Enquiry Form
Please note jetski and boat licence prerequisites below
Additional Information and Trainer Details
Boat Licence (RMDL) requirements
- It is a requirement of Maritime Safety Queensland that a person be 16 years of age or older to be issued with a Recreational Marine Drivers Licence. A person may attend the training once they are 15 years and 6 months of age.
- You must demonstrate you are competent to navigate and manage a recreational boat.
- You must complete a Medical Disclosure Statement.
- You must provide suitable identification.
- It does not matter where you live, you can attend the training in any of the Allstate Locations
- On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a Statement of Competency which must be validated at any Queensland Transport & Main Roads Customer Service Centre that issues marine licences. The Queensland Transport Licence fee is payable when your licence is issued.
Jetski (PWC) Licence requirements
- You must hold a current and valid marine licence before being able to obtain a personal watercraft licence.
- The PWC Licence training can be held on a different day to the boat licence training depending on local conditions.
What To Bring
A willingness to enjoy learning in a friendly helpful air conditioned environment
Suitable official photo or signature identification
Payment on the day by cash, eftpos, Visa or MasterCard or beforehand by arrangement
Group bookings may require a payment in advance to secure multiple places - discuss with Jeff
Clothing suitable for a boat or jet ski that is exposed to wind, sun and rain - and as per usual community standards please
The boat has a full bimini sunshade but a hat, polarised sunglasses and sunscreen are still recommended - and wet weather gear on wet days
Footwear in the classroom please, but shoes can be removed to board the boat, unless waterproof type shoes
Classroom stationery is supplied
Just a word of thanks for hosting our Boat and Jet-ski license. Was really well run
Cheers and Merry Xmas
Paul and Cayden K
Happy New Year!
Long overdue to say thanks for the brilliant course but thank u!
Hope u have a great year.
Good evening Jeff & Gilda.
Thank you for putting the my family of girls and boy through their paces today.
They all came home and drank Bubbles to celebrate their success and told a lot of stories (all good) As they have now all been exposed to "Step 2" their skill set can now be enhanced with safe boating activity, practice and time.
Thank you for the time that you were able to afford each of them.
Jeff has done the training and licencing at Caloundra High for years and is extremely accommodating in time and requirements for kids. They really enjoy his approach to the instruction and he's a great role model for the kids.
Hope you're both well.
Main Training Location
General information about boat licence training course
Welcome to Allstate Boat Licensing & Training Sunshine Coast, the Number 1 Queensland BoatSafe approved training organization with an enviable reputation, leading the industry in quality course delivery and total customer satisfaction in the field of boat licensing and personal watercraft (jet ski) licensing. Our comprehensive training courses are easy to follow, designed to accommodate everyone, from the first time boatie to the more experienced.
Jeff is our Sunshine Coast trainer, with commercial skipper qualifications and experience spanning over 40 years throughout Queensland – the last 30 at the Sunshine Coast. He knows all the local waterways extremely well and can pass on extensive local knowledge. As an ex officer in charge of the Mooloolaba branch of the Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol, Jeff approaches every course from a very strong safety perspective.
As the owner of the business and with a 5.35 metre speedboat and a modern jet ski at his disposal Jeff also appreciates the wonderful recreational opportunities that abound on the waters of the Sunshine Coast and nearby inland waterways. We want you to feel the same way about your boat or jet ski. Contact us by phone or email for your marine licensing needs and to share in the knowledge that only experience can deliver.
Sunshine Coast BoatSafe approved Recreational Marine Driver Licence (RMDL) Courses and Personal Water Craft Licence (PWCL) Courses generally commence at our air conditioned training centre at the corner of Nicklin Way and Production Avenue, Warana (within the North Coast Boating complex) with practical training on the Maroochy River. Courses can be run elsewhere by prior arrangement.
As we regularly train and assess young people less than 18 years of age, we have developed a Child Protection Risk Management Strategy in accordance with the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000. However persons under 15 years and 6 months are not eligible to attend the courses and are not permitted at the training.
If you are unable to attend a scheduled course, talk to us about our flexible delivery options, when you break the course up into manageable parts over more than one day. We also have on-line learning available for those who would prefer to handle the theory themselves without coming to the classroom. This will see you working in your own time at your own pace to understand the boating rules and regulations and boating safety...and we are a phone call or email away if you are having any difficulty.
The theory aspect of a classroom course usually takes around 4.5 hours. We do recognise that people can get quite busy with work and family commitments and we acknowledge the need to offer flexible training delivery to those that see studying at home as a good option for them. On line learning and completing the required exercises still requires your time and effort and will probably take around the same amount of time.
You will still need to come to us after you have finished the study component so that we can double check your understanding and take you out on the water for practical training and assessment in our comfortable and safe boat or jet ski.
Our aim is to not only see you leave us as a competent and safe boatie or jet skier but also confident in your own abilities. Our practical sessions are generous with time and distance covered so that you also get a good hands-on understanding of the area.
Come and enjoy the relaxed and informative environment of Allstate Boat Licensing and Training at one of our courses at the Sunshine Coast.
Click to view South Burnett Training Course information