- Trainer Locations
- How to Get a Licence
- Book In
- Online Licence Training
QLD Boat Licence Sunshine Coast
0412 161 559 0410 805 965
and speak with an expert about getting your boat licence
To make a Face to Face Licence Training Course booking enquiry see form below
- Signup Online Training in Enrol Here
(no upfront payment, pay when you do your Practical Assessment & Final Exam)
Scheduled Face to Face Licence training course dates
Next course date
22 September 2018 @ Mooloolaba
Other course dates - locations
We are available most days including weekends for practicals after you complete our online course - just give us a call or text on 0412 161 559
For those that prefer the classroom setting, we have scheduled days but if you need a different date please get in touch - we can most likely set that up for you. These are the days currently planned
22 September - Saturday - boat & jet ski licensing
27 September - Thursday - boat & jet ski licensing
2 October - Tuesday - boat & jet ski licensing
6 October - Saturday - boat & jet ski licensing
11 October - Thursday - boat & jet ski licensing
13 October - Saturday - boat & jet ski licensing
17 October - Wednesday - boat & jet ski licensing
25 October - Thursday - boat & jet ski licensing
28 October - Sunday - boat & jet ski licensing
30 October - Tuesday - boat & jet ski licensing
When you choose Allstate Boat & Jet Ski Licensing Sunshine Coast for your recreational boat and Jet Ski licensing needs, you will experience our proven professional reputation and experience, a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, thorough and well run courses and value for money.
• Easy to follow comprehensive training courses designed to accommodate everyone from the first time boatie to the more experienced.
• We offer classroom-based courses (for the theory component) or an excellent online learning course where you study in your own time and at your own pace.
• Comfortable air conditioned classrooms
• Some trainers cancel courses if numbers are low. We understand that you may have arranged a babysitter or taken a day off work. While we may be able to agree on an alternate day, we still run the course if there is no other option – even for 1 person.
• Our Sunshine Coast trainer is Jeff Guinea who is a well respected ex officer in charge of the Mooloolaba branch of the Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol. This background brings a thorough legal understanding and a strong safety perspective to the courses.
• Jeff has commercial skipper qualifications and extensive experience throughout Queensland especially the Sunshine Coast.
• We know the local waterways extremely well and can pass on local knowledge to you during your time attending the course.
• Most practical training is conducted on the Maroochy River but by arrangement we can run practical course training on other local waterways such as Pumicestone Passage or the Mooloolah River.
• We use our fully approved 5.35 metre SeaJay bowrider style speedboat. The boat has a full bimini cover for shelter from the sun and seats up to 7 people safely and comfortably.
• For your Jet Ski licence training we use our fully approved 2017 model Kawasaki Jet Ski.
Training course Fees & Options
EXCELLENT ONLINE LEARNING SYSTEM AVAILABLE - FREE TO ENROL. NO UPFRONT PAYMENT
Pay when you attend your practical. Follow up practical assessments by arrangement with us. Practical sessions are available most days - not just the scheduled course days.
OR HOW ABOUT OUR CLASSROOM PACKAGE - our Face to Face course where a highly experienced trainer teaches you in our air-conditioned classroom. No prior study or coursework is required. See dates above.
ONLINE - FREE TO START, PAY WHEN YOU DO YOUR PRACTICAL
Online Boat Licence Course - $150 for 1 person - $140 each for 2 or more
Online Jet Ski Licence Course - $140 for 1 person - $130 each for 2 or more
Online Boat & Jet Ski Course package - $250 for 1 person - $240 each for 2 or more
CLASSROOM - NO UPFRONT FEE!
Boat Licence Course - $170 for 1 person - $160 each for 2 or more
Jet ski Licence Course - $160 for 1 person - $150 each for 2 or more
Boat & Jet ski Licence Course Package - $300 for 1 person - $280 each for 2 or more
Large groups, schools and clubs contact us for custom packages.
Hint: tap to call from a mobile phone 0412 161 559
Booking Enquiry Form
Please note jetski and boat licence prerequisites below
Additional Information and Trainer Details
Boat Licence (RMDL) requirements
- It is a requirement of Maritime Safety Queensland that a person be 16 years of age or older to be issued with a Recreational Marine Drivers Licence. A person may attend the training once they are 15 years and 6 months of age.
- You must demonstrate you are competent to navigate and manage a recreational boat.
- You must complete a Medical Disclosure Statement.
- You must provide suitable identification.
- It does not matter where you live, you can attend the training in any of the Allstate Locations
- On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a Statement of Competency which must be validated at any Queensland Transport & Main Roads Customer Service Centre that issues marine licences. The Queensland Transport Licence fee is payable when your licence is issued.
Jetski (PWC) Licence requirements
- You must hold a current and valid marine licence before being able to obtain a personal watercraft licence.
- The PWC Licence training can be held on a different day to the boat licence training depending on local conditions.
What To Bring
- Identification: Current Driver Licence, School Identification, Passport, Birth Certificate or 18+ card. If necessary call us to discuss other options.
- Payment: Cash, Eftpos, Visa or MasterCard or pay beforehand if you prefer.
- Group bookings are welcome, but may require a payment in advance to secure multiple places.
- Clothing suitable for a boat or jet ski that is exposed to wind, sun and rain – we will be on the water. Please check the weather forecast.
- The boat has a full sunshade/canopy for sun protection and some shelter from light rain. A hat, polarised sunglasses and sunscreen are still recommended.
- Please wear footwear in the classroom. Shoes may need to be removed to board the boat or Jet Ski unless waterproof.
Just a word of thanks for hosting our Boat and Jet-ski license. Was really well run
Cheers and Merry Xmas
Paul and Cayden K
Happy New Year!
Long overdue to say thanks for the brilliant course but thank u!
Hope u have a great year.
Good evening Jeff & Gilda.
Thank you for putting the my family of girls and boy through their paces today.
They all came home and drank Bubbles to celebrate their success and told a lot of stories (all good) As they have now all been exposed to "Step 2" their skill set can now be enhanced with safe boating activity, practice and time.
Thank you for the time that you were able to afford each of them.
Jeff has done the training and licencing at Caloundra High for years and is extremely accommodating in time and requirements for kids. They really enjoy his approach to the instruction and he's a great role model for the kids.
Hope you're both well.
A very interesting coarse. I would truly recommend Jeff Guinea. If you wanted to know anything about boating, this man knew it. He's a walking marine Encyclopaedia. This man and his coarse taught me a lot and thanks to Jeff I now have a basic knowledge of reading waters, markers,winds etc. If you need a coarse in boating give Jeff a call. You won't be disappointed. Trevor Lutkin
Main Training Location
General information about boat licence training course
Welcome to Allstate Boat Licensing & Training Sunshine Coast, the Number 1 Queensland BoatSafe approved training organization with an enviable reputation, leading the industry in quality course delivery and customer satisfaction in the field of boat licensing and personal watercraft licensing. Our comprehensive training courses are easy to follow, designed to accommodate everyone, from the first time boatie to the more experienced.
Our Sunshine Coast trainer is Jeff, who has commercial skipper qualifications and invaluable experience working throughout Queensland in the Boating and Fisheries Patrol. With his thorough knowledge of the Sunshine Coast waterways he can pass on some tips while training in an enjoyable learning environment.
Our Recreational Marine Driver Licence (RMDL) Courses and Personal Water Craft Licence (PWCL) Courses are proving very popular using the online study option. As a result we have moved from North Coast Boating at Warana as we no longer needed such a large training space. We are now more mobile and flexible.
We can meet our online students where and when we agree on for the course paperwork for an hour or so - followed by the practicals.For those that want the classroom option we will be running courses at Mooloolaba and Maroochydore
Our excellent on-line learning system is available for those who would prefer to handle the theory themselves without coming to the classroom. This will see you working in your own time at your own pace to understand the boating rules and regulations and boating safety...and we are a phone call or email away if you are having any difficulty.
The theory aspect of a classroom boat licence course usually takes around 4.5 hours. The online learning will take around the same amount of time. If you combine the jet ski licence it will add about another hour, whether classroom or online.
You will still need to come to us after you have finished the study component so that we can take you out on the water for practical training and assessment in our boat or jet ski. Our aim is to not only see you leave us as a competent and safe boatie or jet skier but also confident in your own abilities.
Our practical sessions are generous with time and distance covered so that you also get a good hands-on understanding of the area.
Come and enjoy the relaxed and informative environment of Allstate Boat Licensing and Training at one of our courses at the Sunshine Coast.
Click to view South Burnett Training Course information