- Trainer Locations
- Online Licence Courses
- Brisbane + Bayside + Southside
- Brisbane Northside
- Logan Region
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
- South West Qld
- Rocky Emu Park
- Emerald & Central West QLD
- Tin Can Bay & Gympie
- South Burnett
- Hervey Bay
- The Whitsundays
- Cairns & Tablelands
- Innisfail & Gulf Country
- How to Get a Licence
- Book In
- Online Licence Training
Townsville Qld Boat Licence
0419 729 227
and speak with an expert about getting your boat licence
To make a Face to Face Licence Training Course booking enquiry see form below
- Signup Online Training in Enrol Here
(no upfront payment, pay when you do your Practical Assessment & Final Exam)
Scheduled Face to Face Licence training course dates
Next course date
We do courses most weekdays and weekends contact me to book a course
Other course dates - locations
Training course Fees & Options
Contact for futrther information
Hint: tap to call from a mobile phone 0419 729 227
Booking Enquiry Form
Please note jetski and boat licence prerequisites below
Additional Information and Trainer Details
Boat Licence (RMDL) requirements
- It is a requirement of Maritime Safety Queensland that a person be 16 years of age or older to be issued with a Recreational Marine Drivers Licence. A person may attend the training once they are 15 years and 6 months of age.
- You must demonstrate you are competent to navigate and manage a recreational boat.
- You must complete a Medical Disclosure Statement.
- You must provide suitable identification.
- It does not matter where you live, you can attend the training in any of the Allstate Locations
- On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a Statement of Competency which must be validated at any Queensland Transport & Main Roads Customer Service Centre that issues marine licences. The Queensland Transport Licence fee is payable when your licence is issued.
Jetski (PWC) Licence requirements
- You must hold a current and valid marine licence before being able to obtain a personal watercraft licence.
- The PWC Licence training can be held on a different day to the boat licence training depending on local conditions.
What To Bring
While COVID 19 is around please wear a long sleeve shirt
Bring Id, fun attitude, camera and Sun protection
Payment is made on the day when attending the course.
Main Training Location
General information about boat licence training course
Allstate Boat Licensing and Training is the No1 approved BoatSafe Training Provider for Townsville region.
Allstate boat licensing Townsville operate from our training room at 1 Ralston St West End. We do course most week days and weekends, Saturdays and Sundays included. We specialize in all size groups and ladies courses. There is no minimum size course. We also provide group training options.
The course hours are from 8am till approximately 5pm
You will be dealing with an organization with an enviable reputation, leading the boat licence Industry in quality course delivery and total customer satisfaction.
Formal training is compulsory for vessels powered by a motor over 4.5kW (6hp) and for a Jet Ski. This is a condition set by Maritime Safety Queensland. Your training covers all aspects of recreational boating which includes legislation requirements and practical skills.
At the end of the training you will be required to undertake a theory exam to be deemed competent. Once you have completed the training, you will be issued with a statement of competency which is not your licence. You must present the statement of competency, a licence application form and acceptable evidence of identity in person at a Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads customer service centre within six months of the date of issue of the statement of competency.
Flexible training is available for candidates who need to make arrangements due to family or other commitments.
Remember Allstate Boat Licensing provides training and assessment for jet ski licences also.